Search
  • Al Valdes

Hydrogen peroxide

Hello everyone.


We had a situation pop up this week and I would like to post as this may be helpful to our extended family.


Pearlene snuck into the living room while we had some laundry on the couch. She snagged a no see sock and immediately swallowed it.


This can cause an intestinal blockage that can be fatal.

I have work college that had a dog ingest a hand towel unbeknownst to them and the dog did not survive


We called our vet and asked what we may be able to do to mitigate.


He suggested we make her ingest ten cc‘s of peroxide.


This needs to be done as soon as possible. We were fortunate as Laurie saw the infraction in real time.


Pearlene didn’t like it but Laurie was very persuasive...


She , after a short amount of time started to heave and the sock came out. It wasn’t fun for anyone involved but it needed to be expelled.


She is fine now but just want all our families to know that if your dog ingests something that they shouldn’t . Peroxide can be a good answer.

358 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

So, Stella did have her pups early after all! She started at 11:00a and was done by 1p. Everyone looks good so far. All healthy.

Hello everyone. Well, Stella's temperature dropped a few degrees yesterday. This is a good indicator that labor will start within the next 24 hours. She wasn't interested in food and preferred to

Hello all, just an fyi , we are expecting a Schnoodle litter mid may. I probably have enough deposits for the entire litter but pay attention just in case. We also just recently had a Schnauzer li